The Underestimated Impact of Perception Vs Reality!
Fast forward 3 years – rose colored glasses jettisoned lol. Growth (self realization) & Lessons Learned abound…
- Truly appreciate the impact, effect, influence of team dynamics (positive & negatives types).
- Leadership: an organization’s success is determined – influenced – dictated by the constraints of its leadership!
- True North aka Hidden Agendas or Uncommunicated Motives: is there a way for me to realize & confirm if these are in existence? If yes, how can I realize these sooner than later lol? Once realized, how to handle – straight on, organization maneuvering (ignoring is not an option). Once handled, what kind of impact would result?
- The meaning of white (various colored) elephants in the room! It is Vital & Crucial to develop meaningful relationships within organizations. From these, trust develops. Leads to creating “safe zones” where the underlying reasons for conflict, fear & resistance can be identified – revealed – resolved, so that forward momentum can be maintained in the drive to accomplish organization goals and objectives. Ah-Ha moment: Confidence to keep being myself (there is nothing wrong with my care and nurture mindset!).
- Change is Hard: feeling change 1st hand has proven to be an eye opening experience! This lesson will influence how I undertake facilitation, change management, relationship development activities. It is easy to forget about how people react to change in the drive to make change happen! The successes to be realized from change can be “blinding” to the point that I forget/overlook/not realize that people react to change differently. Proper care must be taken to ensure that teams are carefully prepped for change (process cannot be fast tracked or “short-cutted”). Undue care of people can result in lasting negative impacts to the successes that reside on the other side of change :).
Bring on 2016…